18/01/17Christmas Meeting/Cricket Club
– Everyone enjoyed the evening, the food and atmosphere very pleasant. A big thank you to Norma who arranged the table-centres and of course the Rhapsodists.
There was one or two small observations regarding the meal and the bar-service and these have been noted.
Body Shop evening
- U[/u]nfortunately this issue with the Body Shop Company has not been resolved. Again Sue Jones has made many phone calls to the representative and Sue has requested contact with the Area Manager. There is still £38.00 owing to several members.
[u]Sales Table/Bring n’ buy
– We are looking for any members who would like to run and organise the Sales table (usually two people). Some of the committee will assist during refreshments and Pauline will take home items that are not sold and distribute to the charity shops. Items can be donated or 10% can be taken off the price and the balance can be claimed by the giver.
– Clickers will be starting up again on Thursday19th January 2p.m. at Net’s Café. We are hoping to deliver very soon a bag full of ventilator hats and other knitted items to the premature baby unit at Arrowe Park.
– The next meeting will be on Monday 20th February, 2p.m. at Philippa’s house 5 The Quillett.
– There will be a board available tonight to sign up for the play ‘Verdict’ with Clive Mantle and Jack Sheppard at the Floral Pavilion, New Brighton on Thursday March 2nd . The ticket cost is £23.50. Please can you sign the board this evening?
- The next diners club is at the Sang Ju Thai restaurant in Neston on Tuesday 31st January 6.30p.m. This is a banquet and the cost per head is £12.00per person. Board available to sign this evening
– Silas Marner was the book of the month. Some of the group had read it many years ago and enjoyed it but some found it hard going. It required a great deal of concentration, particularly the way it was written. The next book chosen is The Midwitch Cuckoos by John Wyndham. The venue for the next book group is Julie Dawson’s house 109 Marshlands Road at 7.30pm on Monday 6th February.
– There will be a first meeting of the Drama Group run by Janice Harris on Wednesday 8th February, 7.30p.m at the Methodist Church Hall.
Cancer Research Visit
– This tour of the Research Centre at Liverpool hospital is to take place on Tuesday 21st February. If there are more than 15 or 20 members signed up the tour will split into two groups. The tour starts at 10a.m. The transport i.e. trains are a little uncertain at the moment so discussion will take place nearer the date. Judith Whiteway is kindly organising this event. No charge for the tour but perhaps a donation or support in some way to be discussed with members.
– Good luck to the team on Tuesday 21st February.
– Tuesday 18th May. The cost for this visit is £5.00 per person and if you wish to order a picnic in a bag the cost altogether is £9.00. The coach will be extra. Because the closing date for numbers is 20th April there will a board available tonight. More details are in the Cheshire News.
Observers tickets/Echo Arena/A.G.M.
– Wednesday 7th June. A board will be available this evening for members who would like to go to the Echo Arena and have not already put their name down. This is the last chance because application for tickets need to be applied for a.s.a.p.
– July seems a long way off but arrangements have to be made well in advance. We would welcome feedback from the members via the suggestion box or verbally.
– Sandra will have information tonight about the next film.
– Girl Guides – A date has yet to be arranged but it will definitely be a Saturday because the Guides are not at school.
DATES FOR YOUR DIARIES
Clickers – Thursday19th January, 2p.m.
Craft Club – Wednesday 25th January, 7p.m.
Diners Club- Tuesday 31st January, 6.30p.m.
Readers Group – Monday 6th February, 7.30p.m.
Drama Group – Wednesday 8th February, 7.30p.m.
Cancer Research Visit – Tuesday 21st February.
Quiz – Tuesday 21st February.
Theatre/ Floral Pavilion – Thursday 23rdMarch.
Follyfield – Tuesday 25th April, 2.30p.m.
Haughton Hall – Tuesday 18th May.
Echo Arena/A.G.M. – Wednesday 17th June.
Airbus – Thursday 17th August.
Ramblers – To be arranged.
Rhapsodists – No rehearsals till further notice.
Our website address is- www.nestonriversidewi.co.uk